Skip to main content

Review: Supermarket own brand nappies



I've always used supermarket own brand nappies, a lot of them work just as well as the more expensive ones just with a better price. I've managed to try Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, and Aldi's nappies. I think the only ones I haven't tried are Co Op, Waitrose, and Lidl. I have also tried Boots, and Superdrug (although not supermarkets I have included them in my review). Here's how I got on...


When I had Ryker I was working in Morrisons so they were the main nappies I brought, although I only got them for convenience. They wasn't too bad but I preferred Tesco, they were just that little bit cheaper they even had a 3 for £10 deal on back then so definitely worth it. They've only recently got rid of the 3 for £10 deal. I did notice a few more leaks with the Morrisons ones. Ryker's nanny shops at Sainsburys and would pick me up some nappies sometimes. I found the fit on these nappies weren't the best, they were pretty tight and stiff. Ryker always had red marks after using these. Tesco was the nappy winner in my eyes when I had Ryker.

When I had Xander I obviously got Tesco nappies, they are pretty cheap but work well and haven't caused me any problems. For convenience I also brought Asda nappies, in my opinion they were so thin! I had to change them as soon as they got wet or it would leak. I also found that these were smaller than the Tesco brand meaning Xander was in size 3 in Asda and size 2 in Tesco. Obviously this meant Asda cost more money.They have changed their nappies this year, there is some improvement but still not as good as Tesco. Asda are worth what you pay. 


I recently got introduced to Aldi's nappies through my sister. They are by far my favourite. A very good price and they do the job perfectly. I try to get these when I can but I don't really shop in Aldi's much. When I do buy them from Aldi's, I buy the bulky pack which makes it cheaper per nappy. 

I have used boots and superdrug nappies with both babies when I've got them through baby packs and found that both are pretty similar tbh. They are soft and very absorbent. They are probably the best quality but I've never bothered to buy a pack as they are more money than the other branded nappies that work well for me.


See below for price list of nappies, and my opinion of best to worse in quality.


Price per nappy

Size 1Size 2Size 3
Aldi3.5p4.1P5.1P
lidl3.7p4.1p5.2P
Asda3.7p4.5p5.3p
Asda bulk3.6p4.2p4.6p
Tesco4p4p6p
Sainsbury5p5p6p
Morrisons6.4p7.3p6.3p

Quality

1. Boots & Superdrug
2. Aldi
3. Tesco
4. Morrisons
5. Sainsbury
6. Asda

None of the nappies were terrible, even Asda being at the bottom of my list I would still buy if needed i'll just have to change it straight away but might get a bit of poo leakage. They are all worth what you pay. Aldi and Tesco are one's I would recommend.


Thank you for reading, feel free to let me know what your favourite branded nappies are or if you disagree with what I've said.


If you are worried about harsh chemicals here are some Eco nappies that you can buy in bulk from Amazon for cheaper than buying each packet with the cheapest being Bambo nature nappies. I've never seen a problem with supermarket brands, I stick to what I know but my sister is more into organic products.

23.7p per nappy



25.7p per nappy



28.6p per nappy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket list

I studied Travel and tourism at college, during the two years I spent studying I built up a long list of places I want to visit. I've listed my top 28, putting them in to categor ies of continents. 

Activated charcoal experiment

I've recently heard of activated charcoal and all the benefits that come with it. I've decided to buy a tub of activated charcoal tablets and try it out myself. Over the next two weeks I want to try 2 different activated charcoal experiments and document my progress to see if activated charcoal really is as good as everyone says.

Potty training: first two weeks

Ryker will be starting nursery in September so I think it's about time he learnt to go to the toilet on his own. He has also been showing signs by letting me know when his nappy is full, holding himself before he has his wee, and even bringing me a nappy and wipes. I've read lots of stories about how stressful potty training can be and I'm not the best at coping with stress so I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us. Here's a little summary of how the first two weeks went...