Skip to main content

My little Chicken pop





LXander has got chicken pox! He had one on his neck last Tuesday and I wasn't too sure what it was and then Wednesday morning when we woke up we noticed lots more. It was only a matter of time as both my niece and nephew have had them in the past month. I'm happy that he has had them nice and early so I don't have to worry about him catching them when he gets older. He didn't react too well to them, he was going crazy itching his head and body. He had one on his eye waterline which really irritated him. I rubbed some Calamine cream on him that helped A LOT. My sister recommended it as she used it on her baby girl and it does really help with the itching. Almost instantly after using it my little one stopped crying and seemed more relaxed. I know the tittle says chicken pop, its a little nickname for Xander whilst he has chicken pox to make light of the situation. 

On the bright side they have almost healed over now and after seeing how bad my niece had them Xander got off lightly with most of them on his back, bum, and head. Just waiting for Ryker to get them now so that we get them out the way. He is pretty excited about it after seeing his cousins and brother having them. Something tells me he wont be too excited once he has them. Hoping this cream works for him too. 

Feel free to share your chicken pox stories in the comments. I'll update you when Ryker gets them. Thank you for reading.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket list

I studied Travel and tourism at college, during the two years I spent studying I built up a long list of places I want to visit. I've listed my top 28, putting them in to categor ies of continents. 

Activated charcoal experiment

I've recently heard of activated charcoal and all the benefits that come with it. I've decided to buy a tub of activated charcoal tablets and try it out myself. Over the next two weeks I want to try 2 different activated charcoal experiments and document my progress to see if activated charcoal really is as good as everyone says.

Potty training: first two weeks

Ryker will be starting nursery in September so I think it's about time he learnt to go to the toilet on his own. He has also been showing signs by letting me know when his nappy is full, holding himself before he has his wee, and even bringing me a nappy and wipes. I've read lots of stories about how stressful potty training can be and I'm not the best at coping with stress so I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us. Here's a little summary of how the first two weeks went...