Skip to main content

I fractured my foot!


I have been watching a lot of A&E recently although I'm pretty squeamish and have to look away every time any goory stuff comes on TV but I find it interesting seeing what kind of things people go to hospital for. Fractured bones seems to be a common reason. Guess what? I injured my foot on Saturday, I then continued to walk on it for a day before I decided to go hospital to have it looked at!
Basically when you close my bedroom door it locks so you can't open it from the inside (need to get this sorted), this happened. I tried to open it with a hanger which is how we normally get it open but that didn't work so I tried kicking it. That didn't work either just hurt A LOT! Connor got the door open for me in the end.

I got on with my day, limping around which turned to crawling by the evening. But there was no bruising or swelling so I didn't think much of it.I woke up in the night to go to the toilet and it was agony, by now my foot had started swelling a bit and was blue were it hurt. Decided that I will go get it checked in the morning. 

Turns out I have fractured my 4th metatarsal bone, a long bone in the foot. I was given this boot (which is really uncomfortable) but will be called on Friday by the fracture clinic for more advice. Its been extra hard as Xander can work his way around the room and out of the room pretty quickly now so I'm always on my feet. Connor went back to work Sunday evening so I have to deal with the pain and look after the kids on my own. We are hoping that Connor can get some time off to help out as it has been a struggle today.

Moral of the story don't kick a door. I'll keep you updated on the healing process which I've been told takes 6-8 weeks to fully heal! Also feel free to leave your fractured bone stories in the comments, because I would really love to know how you guys coped with the kids. Thank you for reading.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket list

I studied Travel and tourism at college, during the two years I spent studying I built up a long list of places I want to visit. I've listed my top 28, putting them in to categor ies of continents. 

Activated charcoal experiment

I've recently heard of activated charcoal and all the benefits that come with it. I've decided to buy a tub of activated charcoal tablets and try it out myself. Over the next two weeks I want to try 2 different activated charcoal experiments and document my progress to see if activated charcoal really is as good as everyone says.

Potty training: first two weeks

Ryker will be starting nursery in September so I think it's about time he learnt to go to the toilet on his own. He has also been showing signs by letting me know when his nappy is full, holding himself before he has his wee, and even bringing me a nappy and wipes. I've read lots of stories about how stressful potty training can be and I'm not the best at coping with stress so I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us. Here's a little summary of how the first two weeks went...