Skip to main content

True meaning of valentines day

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
People spend so much money on cards, presents, and dinner but that's not what valentines is about? It's not about how much is spent on the gift, its the thought that was put into it. Its showing the people you love, just how much they mean to you and if you're spending valentines on your own then it gives you the perfect excuse to treat yourself. Here's 5 ways to show your loved ones just how much they mean to you:

1. Instead of buying a card, why not make one? You can make a personalised card online or make one at home. It'll mean a lot more to you loved one knowing that you put time and effort into their card and it's something they can keep forever. You can even make cards with your kids, for a fun activity for you to do together.

2. Write a poem or a personal letter. You can include this in a card or put it in a frame so that your loved one can hang it on their wall. Again a simple idea but it'll mean a lot.

3. Tokens/vouchers. You can make vouchers to give to your loved ones. It can be a massage, breakfast in bed, choice of activity, or even an hour extra tv time before bed (For the kids).

4. Cook a meal. If you have kids you could plan an easy meal that they could help make, kids love to feel involved and knowing they helped make the dinner will make them feel special. If you're single, you can have all your single friends round for dinner and a glass/glasses of wine.

5. Favorite places. Take them out to their favorite places; restaurants, arcades, or even go to the park? Planning a fun/romantic day for them will not only make them smile, it will show them how much you pay attention to them and appreciate them.

My Valentines day:
As my boyfriend is at work all week, we celebrated valentines on the weekend. We spent the weekend in Bournemouth. In the morning we went to Splashdown water park, this was more for Connor as I was terrified of the thought of going down a slide being dumped under water. However it wasn't as bad as I expected, I tried every ride available and after a while I got some courage and went down some of the more severe rides a few times. I would definitely recommend this as a date idea, all the slides have a severity level so if you are scared you can choose the easier slides. Next we went to an indoor crazy golf. Connor won!This was a really cute idea and the one we went to in Bournemouth had a lovely exotic theme with trees and fake rivers. In the evening we got creams and took it back to our room, I covered the bed in rose petals and got us a couple valentines crackers. All in all it was a perfect day. I'm spending today with my little boy. We are going to have lots of cuddles and probably end up watching Shrek on repeat (his favorite).

Thank you for reading, hopefully some of these ideas help and don't forget to let me know what you're up to this valentines day! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket list

I studied Travel and tourism at college, during the two years I spent studying I built up a long list of places I want to visit. I've listed my top 28, putting them in to categor ies of continents. 

Activated charcoal experiment

I've recently heard of activated charcoal and all the benefits that come with it. I've decided to buy a tub of activated charcoal tablets and try it out myself. Over the next two weeks I want to try 2 different activated charcoal experiments and document my progress to see if activated charcoal really is as good as everyone says.

Potty training: first two weeks

Ryker will be starting nursery in September so I think it's about time he learnt to go to the toilet on his own. He has also been showing signs by letting me know when his nappy is full, holding himself before he has his wee, and even bringing me a nappy and wipes. I've read lots of stories about how stressful potty training can be and I'm not the best at coping with stress so I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us. Here's a little summary of how the first two weeks went...