Skip to main content

Terrible two's blues



The dreaded terrible twos has begun for my youngest Xander.. We now have daily tantrums, throwing things, screaming, and he knows when he is doing something he shouldn't, he'll do a cheeky little smile and do it anyway. He still manages to fit in loads of cuddles, kisses (even though he rubs them off), and the cutest dances in between, so, I guess that balances it out. Everyday is full of a roller-coaster of emotions but I wouldn't have it any other way.



Today I took the boys to the park on my own. I'm always a bit nervous taking them both out on my own, because, there's two of them and one of me. As expected they both went running off in different directions but I managed to persuade Ryker to come play with us. Then the time came to go home, Ryker took it well and was ready to leave but Xander wasn't having it. He was screaming "No" at me. Thankfully the park wasn't too busy so I didn't have much of an audience. I thought if I walk off and say "Bye" then he might come running but no he just waved and said "bye" back. Ryker started to panic not wanting to leave Xander behind so he went back to talk to him. Xander was standing there leaning on the climbing frame whilst Ryker had a word with him. It was entertaining to watch, Xander looked like a tiny rebellious teenager. All of a sudden they both happily came walking to the gate, I have no idea what happened but Ryker saved the day.

Shopping trips are the worse! I went Aldi's yesterday and he screamed the whole way round the shop, he was tired but there's nothing I could do for him whilst walking around the shop. It was just too stressful (I didn't even have Ryker with me to calm him down).

When i'm at home Xander will scream for anything I have. If we both have the same food, he will still want mine. If he picks up something he shouldn't have he will throw it at you, actually, he will even throw things that he is aloud to have. The most annoying habit he has at the moment is pulling out all the toys at once as quick as possible before I get there to stop him, then whilst i'm tidying that away he will find more toys to pull out. Oh and drinks get poured everywhere (on purpose).

Well that's Xander's terrible twos summed up and its only just started, but on the plus side he is doing pretty well with potty training. At home I keep his nappy off and he will go use it whenever he needs it but as soon as the nappy/pants go on he will not bother. It's only week one and by day two he was going on his own so i'm a proud mummy just need to work on using pants.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket list

I studied Travel and tourism at college, during the two years I spent studying I built up a long list of places I want to visit. I've listed my top 28, putting them in to categor ies of continents. 

Activated charcoal experiment

I've recently heard of activated charcoal and all the benefits that come with it. I've decided to buy a tub of activated charcoal tablets and try it out myself. Over the next two weeks I want to try 2 different activated charcoal experiments and document my progress to see if activated charcoal really is as good as everyone says.

Potty training: first two weeks

Ryker will be starting nursery in September so I think it's about time he learnt to go to the toilet on his own. He has also been showing signs by letting me know when his nappy is full, holding himself before he has his wee, and even bringing me a nappy and wipes. I've read lots of stories about how stressful potty training can be and I'm not the best at coping with stress so I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us. Here's a little summary of how the first two weeks went...