Skip to main content

Mummy saving expert: apps special



I have previously talked about how to mummy on a budget and since then I have found more ways to save and even bag yourself a freebie. All you need to do is download a few apps, sign up to emails and then you’re sorted. I have listed my favorites below.

Receipt scanning apps

There are quiet a few apps where you can scan your receipt and get cash back. On most of these apps there is always at least 1 freebie too.



1) Shopmium: This one is my favourite and so far I have gotten sweets, chocolates, drinks, yogurts and loads more for free. It’s worth having a look once a day to see what’s on there. You can use this code hy3ur2 for an extra freebie. As well as freebies there are cash back awards as well. All you need to do is take a picture of your receipt and scan the barcode of the item to claim your money back, it’s quick and easy. I normally receive mine within 24hrs and it goes straight back into my account.

2) Green Jinn: This works the same as shopmium, on this one you need to wait until you have atlease  £1.50 cashback before you can claim your money but this doesn’t take too long.

3) CheckoutSmrt and ClickSnap: There two apps have the same concept as the ones above, they are run by the same company and often have the same deals. Sometimes you can claim a freebie twice (once in each app). You will need a different receipt for each app, so make sure you pay for the item separately. To withdraw from CheckoutSmrt payments up to £19.99 include a transfer fee of 5% and payments over £20 are free so it’s best to save up. With ClickSnap your money gets totaled in a Quidco account (I will talk about Quidco below)

----------

There's also apps where you can get cashback for just doing your own shopping.

4) Receipt hog: On this app all you need to do is scan your receipt after a shop to earn money. There's certain receipts that aren't accepted, for instance lottery but most shops are and it only takes minutes to upload so definitely worth it. You only have 14 days to upload your receipt so best to upload as soon as possible.

Before you buy anything online it is worth checking these sites to see if you can get cashback. As I said in previous post, you could also search online for other discounts.

5) Quidco: I have previously mentioned Quidco, when you get cashback from ClickSnap your money goes to a quidco account but you don't need both apps to be able to use one, although it is worth having both. I recently booked a hotel for my holiday using this site and when I looked to see if it had gone through yet it said it is estimated for May 2020. However if you’re not in a hurry then it'll be a nice little cash injection and they do have a highest cashBack guarantee. Use this link to sign up.

6) TopCashback: This site normally does special gifts and deals for new members as well as loads of cashback deals on so many different sites. The cashback is usually processed pretty quick too which is helpful. Sign up using this link:

----------

There are also apps where you can find free items or things that are much cheaper in you area, it's not always junk that people throw out. It's best to only collect items if you have seen photo's first to avoid disappointment.

7) Olio: This app lets you upload any food or items that you no longer need, if you find anything past its BB or something that you will never get around to eating then you can upload it on this site. It works on the flip side too, people often post bakery items at the end of the day. I have only used this a couple times to collect brand new stationary and toddler clothes. It's always worth having a look, you can also allow notifications on the app so that you instantly find out about new posts.

8) Trash nothing: I have previously mentioned trash nothing on my other post but there is also an app you can download which makes it easier to find free items in your area.

9) Facebook: On Facebook marketplace you can easily find cheap toys and clothes. I have seen huge children clothes bundles on here for £10-£30 all you need to do is search the age of your child and i'm sure you can find some, this can be helpful when your little one has just gone up a size. You can also find free things on there although Trash nothing and Freecycle always seem to be better for free items.

10) Shpock: On Shpock you can search for things that are free or set the app for a certain distance and scroll through all the deals in your area. It is really easy to communicate on this app, although when trying to sell things people do seem to mess you around a lot. Once you mark something as sold its annoying to re upload it. But if you do get on alright with it then you can use this app to sell all your old stuff, children's clothes and toys are popular.

----------

11) B&M: It's worth downloading the B&M app to have a browse through deals. You can also use the scanner on the app to look at prices, loads of items come up a lot cheaper once scanned. For instance I brought a cat toy labelled at a £1 and it scanned for 10p at the till. Using the app you get to find out the prices before getting to the till. I have brought a mirror labelled £6 for £4, and a tool set for 10p.
----------

12) Burger King, McDonald’s, KFC, Krispy Kreme: All these apps have special deals/vouchers. When you sign up to Krispy Kreme using their app you get a free doughnut and then more if you recommend people.

----------

13) TooGoodToGo: This app was made to deal with food being thrown away. Restaurants can upload their food that is going out of date or that has been left over from buffets etc for a discounted price. It's always good to look at reviews and descriptions so that you have an idea what you get for your money but sometimes you get a good bargain. Morrisons give you loads of fruit and vegetable and Wenzles give you a bag normally containing a couple baguettes, a cake/muffin, a roll, and a sandwich but you never know what you are getting which can be a setback.

----------

14) LatestDeals: This app posts all the latest freebies and deals.

----------

15) MySupermarket: Use this app to compare prices of items across all supermarkets to find the cheapest place to shop.

Some of my links/referral codes give me discounts and freebies too, I really appreciate if you have used any from this post. Thank you for taking your time to read through this and I hope you manage to bag yourself some freebies.

Please follow me on Instagram and like my Facebook page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bucket list

I studied Travel and tourism at college, during the two years I spent studying I built up a long list of places I want to visit. I've listed my top 28, putting them in to categor ies of continents. 

Activated charcoal experiment

I've recently heard of activated charcoal and all the benefits that come with it. I've decided to buy a tub of activated charcoal tablets and try it out myself. Over the next two weeks I want to try 2 different activated charcoal experiments and document my progress to see if activated charcoal really is as good as everyone says.

Potty training: first two weeks

Ryker will be starting nursery in September so I think it's about time he learnt to go to the toilet on his own. He has also been showing signs by letting me know when his nappy is full, holding himself before he has his wee, and even bringing me a nappy and wipes. I've read lots of stories about how stressful potty training can be and I'm not the best at coping with stress so I knew this wasn't going to be easy for either of us. Here's a little summary of how the first two weeks went...